What does child-care mean to you?
Nurturing your baby is a whole new situation to you if you are a first Mom.
As a first Mum you experience many duties you never had to do before. Most probably you often feel overtired and exhausted. These might lead you feeling doubtful, guilty and just simply thinking you are not a „good mother“. Forget the „good mother“ stereotype and infact just be a real one. Give yourself some time! Be patient you have to adjust to this new situation, new routine new lifestyle. You will slowly get to know your child’s needs, desires, and personality. If you have support it is a bit easier to adjust to the new routine. Be it your Mother, your pediatrician or a professional childcarer like me. Someone you trust helps you to become a lot more confident when you have doubts. Someone who can answer your questions, someone who shows you practical techniques to make life easier with a newborn.
I am happy to help you in many ways.
Here are some topics that you might find useful to talk through and have someone who shows on your baby:
- Safe bathing. Tips on how to make your baby a happy little fish. Necessary equipments, facilities.
- Taking care of your newbors’s umbilical cord. Do’s and Dont’s.
- Skincare depending on the baby’s skintype and age. Nail care.
- How to dress your baby for any weather.
- Effectively support breastfeeding from newborns to toddlers
- How to position your baby on your breast so he can latch on properly
- Diagnosis and management of inadequate milk intake.
- Building up your milk supply. What to do when you don’t have enough or you have too much milk.
- Special feeding strategies for preemies, multiples, or infants with serious medical condition.
- Nursing implications of starting babies on solid foods.
- Reassuring Mummys fears